Thursday, March 11, 2010

End of the Class (811) Reflection

During this course, I learned that different teaching strategies need to be used interchangeably to reach maximum student potential. Many teachers think that using the deductive approach will get the job done but it won't. Everything I learned from this course I want to incorporate into my classroom-blogs for parents, creating various webquests, and the StAIR project. I now feel very comfortable in creating a StAIR and I am excited to create more for my students. Being able to view other peoples blogs, webquests, and StAIRs helped me critique my own and give me knowledge what quality/effectiveness should be when it comes to them. What I wanted to get out of this course was new ideas involving technology that will strengthen the skills for my students and that has been accomplished. I now have so many new tools, ideas, and skills I can use and I even think I can get my anti-technology coworkers to try some of them out. I want to keep continuing learning new concepts and approaches to make myself better and I know this will happen as I continue on with this masters program at MSU.

4 comments:

  1. I loved being able to look at everyone's projects as well! How fun to see and have access to quality work!!

    I enjoyed working with you. Best of luck with the rest of your classes. Maybe we'll meet up again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with all your future technology plans!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I look forward to incorporating those things as well. I used to think about incorporating technology in a broad sense. Since I have been in the program I have got specific goals and the means to carry them out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratuations I have really enjoyed working with you all. I too am looking forward to using my creations with my students. This is just the start!

    ReplyDelete